Thursday, September 16, 2010

I Think My Wife is Trying to Hurt Me

I told you on Sunday how my wife held me accountable and strongly suggested that I exercise that evening, and like the dutiful husband that I am, I complied. Then, I worked out again Tuesday, Wednesday, and had plans to do so tonight (with out any coaxing from Shannon). So, I asked my wife if she wanted to do the “30 Day Shred” with me tonight. Shannon agreed adding the suggestion that we follow that up with “The Biggest Loser: The Workout – Weight Loss Yoga.” How could I say no to that?

The “30 Day Shred” is difficult by itself. “The Biggest Loser: The Workout – Weight Loss Yoga” is difficult by itself too. (Yes, Virginia, Yoga can give you a good workout.) When you combine these two workouts, well, it is downright hard. In fact, I am not sure if it is really me writing this post or my subconscious.

If you read my post “Held Accountable,” (which I know for a fact I was awake during composition of said piece) you know that I really like the “30 Day Shred.” Let me tell you, I love the “Weight Loss Yoga.” It really works your core (belly and mid and lower back) and also the rest of your body. The DVD is cool because you can customize your workout from the DVD menu. You can select a Warmup, Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, and a Cool Down.

When doing the “Weight Loss Yoga,” I highly recommend adding the Warmup and Cool Down to whatever level(s) you choose. My wife and I look forward to the Cool Down the most, and that is not because the workout is over. That Cool Down makes all of the hard work we just put in feel so good. We are so relaxed after exercising that we have hard time moving; we just want to sit and enjoy the moment.

Also, the Cool Down is the reason that I know my wife really is NOT trying to hurt me. Shannon knows how good I feel after doing both of the exercise routines; but, I feel especially good both physically and mentally after the Yoga. If you decide to give Yoga a try either using the Biggest Loser DVD, another Yoga DVD, or a live class, I think you will be happy with the results. I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment