Monday, November 29, 2010

Why I Watch Christmas Movies/Specials

It is official. It is time to start watching Christmas Movies and TV Specials, and I couldn't be more excited. (For simplicity, when referring to movies, I am also referring to TV Specials.) I love to watch Christmas movies this time of year. It is for a simple reason - Christmas movies are full hope and redemption. 

With the world seemingly falling apart around us, I can sit down and watch a movie about a man who thinks the world would be a better place without him. But, he quickly learns that world is better place because of him. Or, I can see how a human raised by elves was able to bring Christmas spirit to, of all places, New York city. Or, I can follow the path of one grumpy old man as he is enlightened by ghosts that it is not too late to change. That he too can make a difference, a huge difference in the lives of those around him.

I feel good about life after watching these movies because it reminds me that there still is hope, and we can all be redeemed. Life is not as bad as some people make it out to be.  We can make a difference. Like I said last night, the catalyst does not need to be much. Start by smiling at someone or just saying hi. Just maybe, you will give that person hope and a reason to believe. It is that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment