Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Holidays are Coming

I cannot believe we are just two weeks away from Thanksgiving. That also means we are only two weeks and one day away from my official Christmas music listening time. And the time when I accept that the holidays are upon us. It is hard to believe that we are approaching that time of year already.

I am extremely excited for the holidays this year. I cannot put my finger on why though. Maybe because the kids are getting older, and they get really excited about Christmas. I do not know. I also anticipate it. After all, it is my favorite time of the year. But, I try and hold off on celebrating until after Thanksgiving. Anymore, it is so hard to avoid any signs of the Holidays before then.

All of the stores start putting Christmas stuff out before Halloween. It is crazy, and it drives me bonkers. Although, I have a confession to make. I did buy Christmas supplies this past weekend. Technically, they were Advent supplies. In two weeks, I will be making Advent Wreaths with my Faith Formation (CCD) kids. Advent starts the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I needed to get my wreaths and bows in advance to give my wife time to tie all of the little bows that I need. (Hey, she volunteered to help.) It did bothered me to see all of the Christmas decorations in the store. At the same time, I started to get excited because I know what is coming right around the corner.

I am doing my best to contain my excitement. Watch out though, because the days immediately following Thanksgiving,  I will be decking the halls of my humble home. Until then, I am focused on our family hosting our first Thanksgiving dinner. To say I am excited would be an understatement. These next two weeks are going to go by in a flash, and I cannot wait to dig into an awesome dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment