Friday, November 19, 2010

Prayers Do Get Answered

Today is supposed to be Fiction Friday, and we will get there tonight I promise. But, I have to tell you that we welcomed a niece into our family this morning. This is an answer to a three year long prayer.  My brother-in-law and his wife lost a baby during birth three years ago. I cannot even imagine the pain and suffering that they went through in losing their child.

Now, they have a daughter, and she is healthy and beautiful. Even though, I have children, and I witnessed all three of their births, I cannot imagine the joy and elation that my brother-in-law and his wife are feeling right now. Their experience is totally different than mine. This child is a gift from God - as all children are; but she is especially precious to all of us who are going to have the pleasure of knowing her.

It is time to celebrate her birth, and what better time of year to have this child than around Thanksgiving. I know that all of my brother-in-law and his wife's friends and family have been praying for them and could not be more thankful for what God has given to this couple, now family, that we love so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment