Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Proud Moment

My daughters and I went to church this morning. Like most Sundays, Jillian (3) asked if she could on Molly's (6) lap. As I do every Sunday, I say ok. I am fine with it so long as they behave. For the most, part they were good today in church.

We had a couple of instances where Jillian was more laying on Molly than she was sitting.  Other than that, I was happy with their behavior. Besides, Jillian is only three years old. I do not expect her to sit stone still in church. I can't even do that, and I am a little older than her.

Their good behavior did not go unnoticed either. Right after the consecration of the Host and before we went up to take communion, a woman came up behind us and told me something about which I am still beaming. She said that my girls were very pretty little girls and that they were very well behaved. And, she added, that I should be very proud. Then she sat back down.

It is hard to say whether she meant that I should be proud of them, or if I should be proud of the job my wife and I are doing in raising our children. To be honest, it does not matter which she meant, because I am proud on both fronts.

I did not get to see her after mass. So, to whoever said those nice things to me, I say thank you. I hope you have a wonderful week, and maybe I will get to see you in church next week and get to say thank you in person.

2 comments: