Monday, November 8, 2010

MNF not so Thrilling these Days

I have been a Pittsburgh Steeler fan my entire life. I own a lot of Steeler's merchandise. There was a time when I would never, ever miss a game.  It would be especially unheard of for me to miss a Monday Night Football game against an Division Rival. Apparently things change.

As I am writing this, the Steeler's are facing off against the hated Cincinnati Bengals. This is one of those games that Steeler fans look forward to every year. Not this Steeler fan, at least not this year. I watched the first four games of the season and loved every minute of it. To see Charlie Batch start and win three out of the first four games was awesome. Then Ben Rothelisberger's suspension ended, and so to did my desire to watch Steeler football.

I have no inclination to watch that person play. It upsets me that he is still wearing a Pittsburgh Steeler uniform. How many chances are they going to give this guy? What kind of message are we sending our children when someone like him is allowed to represent one of the greatest franchises in all of sports?

I have daughters, and I am not going to support a man who he allegedly treats women the way that he does. Never-mind the fact how he treats people in the city who's citizens help to pay his salary. Maybe I should not let one person ruin something that I love so much; but, he is there every time the offense has the ball, and I just get agitated. I toyed around with the idea of just watching the Defense play. It just is not the same.

In closing, I would just like to say that even if they win tonight they will be 3-1. That is the exact same record they had under Charlie Batch. That there is one them things that makes you hmmm. I guess winning is the only thing that matters anymore, or at least the prospect of wining. Having good role models in sports is secondary. So tonight, I am in the minority of Pittsburgh residents. I will not turn be turning on the game. Instead, I guess I will catch up on some reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment