Saturday, October 16, 2010

What a Day!

My three year old woke me up this morning at 6:30 am in about the only way that is acceptable to be awakened that early on Saturday. She craned her little head up over my mattress and gave me a kiss on the cheek. Then she proceed to climb in bed with me and my wife; but, she refused to fall back to sleep. Twenty minutes later we were downstairs. I was pouring her juice and grinding beans for coffee.

Twenty minutes after that we were in the basement. I was doing laundry, and she was playing in the play room. And, I have been going pretty much non-stop since then. I have played the roles of Domestic Goddess, Lawn Care Professional, Taxi Driver, and Grocery Store Runner. It is now 9:01 pm. I am tired. I am hungry. The children are in bed. (Well, two of them are in bed. One is at sleepover; so, I doubt she is in bed already.) I have almost finished my blog post for the evening.

I think you know what is coming next based on last Saturday's post - “The House North of Pittsburgh.” That's right. I am going to have an adult beverage with my wife. It may be a Mojito, a Stoudt's Brewery “Scarlet Lady,” or a Troegs' Brewery “Troegenator: Double Bock.” While I am enjoying said beverage inside, (the weather has gotten cold) I plan on catching up some shows I DVRed. Perhaps it will be “Castle,” “Glee,” or “WipeOut!” I cannot say for sure.

All that I know is that there are two empty spots on my couch. One is for me, and one is for my wife. So, I say to you, my dear friends, Good Night and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment