Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween 2010 Part Two

My sources tell me that you were all good girls and boys this Halloween. If you remember, yesterday I promised that I would share a picture of our Jack O' Lantern with you. Before I do, I have to tell you that I had every intention of doing a goofy-faced pumpkin; but, the girls wanted a spooky one. They both think it was spooky, and from three and six year olds' perspective, I think it is. Without further adieu, here's Jack.

Today ended up being a Halloween-themed day in our house. Aside from carving the pumpkin, my wife made awesome Mummy Pizza's for lunch. She used English Muffins for the base, string cheese for the mummy wrappings, and black olives for the eyes. They were very cool looking and very tasty. The kids loved them too.

For dinner, Shannon made Mummy Dogs. She sliced a hot dog down the center and filled it with cheese. Then, she wrapped the hot dog in a crescent roll leaving an opening for the face. In that opening, she used a toothpick to poke two holes for eyes. To cook them, Shannon baked them in the oven. After they were cooked, she put two little drops of mustard where she had poked holes with the toothpick. They were awesome! You can see pictures of them at my wife's blog - "Molly's Lunchbox."

We finished the day Trick or Treating. The girls and I had a blast. (Coilin went to three houses near-by and then we dropped him back at home with my Mother-in-Law. Thank you Ma for watching him for us.) I have no idea how many houses we hit, but we have a boat load of candy that needs to be eaten. I have permission from my youngest daughter, Jillian, to have five pieces. She told me I was good while we were Trick or Treating, and I deserved them. She is such a sweet heart.

I hope that all of you had as great a day as I did. I am blessed to have such a wonderful family. Have a great night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment