Monday, October 11, 2010

Something Wonderful

Something really strange happened in my house the other night. After I put the children to bed, wrote my blog, and packed my lunch, I sat down on the couch to read. My wife had finished her blog Molly's Lunchbox and sat down in the chair. Neither one of us reached for the remote. The television remained silent.

Now, we are not people who watch a lot of television even if it is on quite a bit – sometimes we just use it as background noise. But this night, last Wednesday I think it was, it never made it on. It was nice. I sat couch, had a snack and read a book. My wife sat in the chair and did some research on the internet. Occasionally, we would share something that we had read.

It is really nice when you can spend time with someone you love. In my opinion, it is okay that we were not 100% engaged in conversation; that we were doing our own thing. We still spent time together. I am not ashamed to admit that I would look up at my wife and watch for a moment or two and admire her and relish her beauty.

Times like those remind me how lucky I am to have found Shannon. We are a good compliment to each other. Our relationship is such, that we can sit in the same room and do separate things and enjoy each others company. Or we can go out and have a good time (not that happens often, with three kids.) I have been blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment