Monday, October 4, 2010

Inconsistent?

A friend of mine and reader of this blog told me that he feels I am inconsistent. Specifically, when I talk about eating healthy in one blog and then talk about eating Pizza and Wings in another. He feels that these opposing views paint a fuzzy picture. I totally get what he is driving at, and can see where he might think that. So, please allow me to clear the air.

I make no qualms in saying that I LOVE Pizza and Wings. I also love Kentucky Fried Chicken, Taco Bell, and Burger King. You know what else? I know that if I were to eat this stuff all of the time I would be severely limiting my time here on earth. I limit my intake of this type of food to one or sometimes two meals a week. Everything in moderation my friend.

I can sit down an eat and entire bag of Snyder's of Berlin BBQ Potato Chips in one night. But, I do not put myself into a situation to allow that to happen. We buy those heavenly chips maybe once of month. There are certain foods that once I get my mitts on them – forget about it. I turn into an Alaskan Brown Bear who is gobbling up all of that delicious Alaskan salmon. You will lose an arm if you get in my way. Consider yourself warned.

There is no reason I should not enjoy that kind of food from time to time. I know how terrible it is for me; but sometimes it just tastes good. I do not deprive myself of it completely, and nor should you if you enjoy it. Just be smart about it. If you like full fat ice cream and you know you will eat the whole half gallon in one sitting, buy just a pint every month or two as a treat. Then do not grab the whole pint, put some in a bowl and limit yourself. Ask a friend or loved one to hold you accountable. 

So, dear friend, think me not inconsistent. I just know what my limits are and try to stick to them. Plus, I cannot help that the “bad” food is the food that I love the most. As my favorite Spinach-eater so eloquently put: “I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.”

No comments:

Post a Comment