Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween 2010

Halloween is tomorrow and so in "Trick-or-Treat" in our town.  I am not sure who is more excited - my wife and me or our children. It is probably my wife and me, and not because there will be a whole bunch of candy in the house. (Although that is a huge bonus. I mean, what kind of parents would we be if we let our children eat all of that candy?)

Shannon, my wife, loves Halloween. Tomorrow night she and my neighbor will sit out in front of our house and hand out treats. We actually post a sign at my neighbor's telling Tricker or Treaters that she is next door so that she does not get any unwanted tricks for not handing out candy.

For me, I cannot wait to walk around the neighborhood with the girls. It is a special time for us. Their costumes are all ready to go. In fact, they have both worn them twice already. Once for our town's Halloween parade and once each for their perspective school parties. I will again be wearing the scariest mask that I own - my face. I am not one of those parents who dresses up with the children. Well, at least not yet. Maybe I should though. I think Jillian would get a kick out of it, and Molly would be embarrassed. Both are good reasons to do it. (What? I am just trying to get my Molly to lighten up a bit. Like me, she gets so worked up about certain things. So much so, that I feel bad for her.)

Before we can even think about going out for candy though, we have to carve the pumpkin. No, we have not carved it yet. We had planned to do that today, but we ran out of time. So, tomorrow, I will lop off the top of the pumpkin and begin cleaning out the goo. I wonder if either of the girls will help this year. I think they will both be eager at first. That is until their little hands get all slimy. I cannot wait! I have to figure out what kind of face I want to do. The children are still little; so, definitely no spooky face. It will probably be just a smiling fool again. If you all are good boys and girls maybe I will share a picture of the Jack O' Lantern with you tomorrow.

If you have not done your Trick or Treating yet this year, be safe tomorrow

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment