Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wrapped Around Her Little Finger

I have a confession to make about a special person in my life - and it is not my wife. In fact, I probably should not be writing this post lest Shannon finds out about us. Then again, I am pretty sure she already knows about her. I just wonder if Shannon really knows how much Jillian (my three year old) has me wrapped around her finger.

Last night, after Jillian had been in bed for a good two and a half hours, I heard her crying at the top of the steps. I walked up to see who it was and what the problem was. There was my little Jillian crying and telling me that she could not fall asleep without me. Now, I know that she had been asleep for a while. There is no way that she would have laid up in her bed for three hours without leaving her room at least once or twice.  If I would have tried, I could have probably laid her back down and left the room. Yeah, that did not happen. Instead, I ended up laying down with and falling asleep myself.

Tonight after dinner, the girls asked for dessert. Jillian asked for a piece of the candy that I had brought home from work (someone had given me a box of chocolates). I told her that she and Molly could split a piece. Molly only wanted fruit for dessert; so, I told Jillian that I would split a piece of chocolate with her so that she could still have a piece. Apparently, that was not a very good idea. She looked me in only a way that Jillian can and said:
"I hab and idea. You pick out a piece of chocolate for me, and I will pick out a piece of chocolate for you. How's that?"
Really, what could I say? She was so stinking cute that I caved. In my defense, I did get her to eat about seven raspberries too.

I probably should not give into her as much as I do, but I cannot help it. She knows how to work me over. But, I am not the only one she does that to. Just ask her grandfathers and uncles. Am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment