Thursday, June 3, 2010

Writing

I have been a writing in some form or another for many years. The first story I remember writing was an Elementary School assignment about a fishing expedition I had with my school friends. It was a true story about how I caught a bed spring. It was one of those "What did you do last summer" assignments. What I remember most about that story was how I confused the teacher. I had written: "I caught a spring." She wasn't sure what I meant by that. I learned an important lesson from that story - don't skimp on the details.

Maybe that's what has helped me become an excellent Technical Writer (My Opinion of course). You need a certain level of detail when showing someone how to use software or a piece of equipment. But, you don't want to much detail that you bog down the reader. So on that note, we will end this post for fear that I may bog you down with too much detail with my thoughts on writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment